This workshop will take place online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, education, industry insider advice, tricks and tips
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Eugen on a piece of writing up to 500 words
You will learn:
- Hook your audience
- Keep your writing tight
- Say more with less
- Add texture to your writing
- Shape robust characters, and much more
Before the course
Course participants should prepare and send a fiction or non-fiction 500-word sample of their writing for a free editing critique.
About Eugen Bacon
Eugen Bacon is a computer scientist mentally re-engineered into creative writing. Her work has won, been shortlisted, longlisted or commended in national and international awards, including the Bridport Prize, Copyright Agency Prize and Fellowship of Australian Writers National Literary Awards. Publications include Claiming T-Mo through Meerkat Press, Writing Speculative Fiction through Macmillan, and A Pining, Black Moon in 2020.
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.