This workshop will be presented online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, education, industry insider advice, tricks and tips
- An annotated reading list to provide context to your learnings
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Michelle on a piece of writing up to 500 words
Ensuring your narrative is engaging and compelling – showing vs telling
Negotiating the ethics of writing about real people
Research and interview techniques and tips
Exploring different narrative structures, and applying them to your material
Next steps – honing your craft and/or seeking publication
Schedule for the Day:
- 10 - 11:15am: First webinar with Michelle Scott Tucker
- 11:45am - 1pm: Second webinar with Michelle Scott Tucker
- 3 - 4pm: Interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and more casual instructions based on your experiences
- 500-word pieces to be sent to Michelle for feedback
About Michelle Scott Tucker
Michelle Scott Tucker is the author of Elizabeth Macarthur: A Life at the Edge of the World - a fascinating and critically acclaimed biography of the woman who established the Australian wool industry (even though her husband received all the credit).
Michelle is a professional writer and consultant, with a successful career in government, business and the arts. Michelle lives in regional Victoria, has served on the Board of Writers Victoria, and is currently on the Board of the Mountain Writers Festival. A regular speaker at writers’ events and on ABC Radio, Michelle is an engaging and dynamic presenter.
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.