The Writers Group is a series of free skills development workshops open to writers with all levels of experience.
Sessions will include:
- facilitated writing group with local mentor
- a tutorial with a guest writer with disability
- webinars (online course and talks)
Sessions will be held from 11am to 1pm on the third Wednesday of each month until April 2019 (excluding January).
- Wednesday 17 October 2018, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 21 November 2018, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 18 December 2018, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 20 February 2019, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 20 March 2019, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 17 April 2019, 11am to 1pm
Participants need to be members of Writers Victoria to attend. You can join or renew your membership on this website. People with disability in the Wimmera South West NDIS region can get 30% off a Writers Victoria membership by before the end of November 2018. Click here to find out more.
The Write-ability Goes Regional and Online program has been assisted by the Australian government through the Department of Communication and the Arts’ Catalyst—Australian Arts and Culture Fund. Write-ability is also supported by the Grace Marion Wilson Trust.
On this website, you can read more about Write-ability Goes Regional and Online.
Or for more information, please email Harriet.
PLEASE NOTE: Writers Victoria staff and/or volunteers are available to assist all event participants, but are not trained support workers. If you require ongoing assistance throughout the event we suggest that you arrange a support work or carer to attend with you. Support workers, carers and companions attend Writers Victoria events for free, however we ask that you inform us of their attendance in advance if possible.
36 McLachlan St
Horsham, VIC 3400