In this course we will explore how voice, and point of view, can shift and change in controlled and deliberate ways. We will play with point of view, tone and character. It’s not just about finding your voice – it’s also about finding the voices of your characters.
You will learn
- the strengths and weaknesses of writing in the first, second or third person
- the possibilities that flow from tonal shifts
- how to control the potential cacophony of voices in your fiction and non-fiction
- how to work with multiple points of view
- how to use voice to establish character
About Robert Gott
Robert Gott is the author of more than 90 works of non-fiction for children and seven adult crime novels, two of which have been shortlisted for the Ned Kelly Award for Best Crime Fiction. He is also the creator of the long-running cartoon in The Age newspaper ‘The Adventures of Naked Man’.
Read more about our other Winter School workshops:
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.