Learn how to manipulate classic storytelling to create an exciting and riveting narrative, with a focus on speculative fiction novels.
You will learn
- How to use a classic storytelling structure
- how to shape the inner and outer journey of your protagonist
- how to find the engine of your story and create forward motion
- hands-on scene building and diagnosis
- how to create a killer ending.
The workshop is presented in partnership with Speculate, The Victorian Speculative Writers Festival.
About Alison Goodman
Alison Goodman is the author of six novels including her most recent, Lady Helen and the Dark Days Pact, the second in the Lady Helen trilogy. She is also the author of EON and EONA, a New York Times bestselling fantasty duology that has sold into 18 countries. Alison's other novels are the award-winning Singing the Dogstar Blues, and her crime novel, A New Kind of Death.
Melbourne, VIC 3000
|Event registration fee|
|WV Concession member / Speculate concession ticket holder||$ 135.00|
|WV Member / Speculate ticket-holder||$ 145.00|