This workshop will take place online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
You will learn:
- To create a visual character to represent the self.
- To workshop life experience and memory as the raw material for creating engaging stories .
- Script writing for comics.
- The tools and techniques used to create the visual grammar of comics.
- A background into the rich history of the autobio comics genre.
About Mandy Ord
Mandy Ord is a Melbourne based illustrator and cartoonist. When One Person Dies The Whole World Is Over published by Brow Books was longlisted for The Stella Prize in 2020 and shortlisted for the Small Press Book Network Book of the Year in 2021. Her first illustrated children’s book Chalk Boy, published by A&U and written by Margaret Wild was shortlisted for Picture Book of the Year in 2019 by the CBCA.
Not a Member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus a year's subscription to ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.