This workshop will take place online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
You will learn:
- How to switch off the inner critic, tap into inspiration and write more often
- How to drill down to the heart of what you want to express in a poem
- How to get more comfortable sharing your work and exposing our vulnerability when sharing our words with others
- How to structure, edit, shape a poem – what to focus on, what to leave out
- How to be proud of your poetic voice and embrace the quirks that make your poetry unique Bio
Please bring writing materials and an open heart.
About Amy Bodossian
Critically acclaimed cabaret spoken word artist and published poet Amy Bodossian is an eccentric and unforgettable performer who's been captivating audiences for over 15 years with her uniquely wacky, whimsical, heart wrenching and hilarious performances. She's appeared on ABC’s Spicks and Specks and Please Like Me, performed at major festivals across Australia, headlined all of Melbourne’s top poetry events, been nominated for a Green Room Award and won the 2017 Melbourne Spoken Word Convenor's Choice Award.
Not a Member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus a year's subscription to ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.