This workshop will be run online. Detailed information for participation will be provided.
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, education, industry insider advice, tricks and tips
- An annotated reading list to provide context to your learnings
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Nicole on your first page (up to 250 words)
- Current and emerging trends in Issues-driven YA
- Examples that work and some that don’t
- Where do you start – with the story or the issue?
- Finding the right voice and striking the right tone
- How not to speak down to your reader
Schedule for the Day:
- 10 - 11:15am: First webinar with Nicole Hayes
- 11:45am - 1pm: Second webinar with Nicole Hayes
- 3 - 4pm: Interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and more casual instructions based on your experiences
- First pages to be sent to Nicole for feedback
About Nicole Hayes
Nicole Hayes is an award winning author and podcaster. Her books include YA novels A Shadow’s Breath, shortlisted for NSW Premier’s Literary Award and a CBCA Notable Book; One True Thing, winner of the Children’s Peace Literature Award and shortlisted for WA Premier’s Literary Award; and The Whole of My World, a YA #MeToo novel about AFL football. Nicole runs writing workshops for adults and young people and is a Stella Prize in Schools Ambassador.
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Melbourne, VIC 3000