Stories of up to 1,500 words due Wednesdays 28 August, 18 September, 9 October, 30 October, 20 November
You will learn:
- Honing authorial voice, while letting characters speak for themselves.
- Marathon vs sprint vs steeplechase: finding the right narrative mode for each story.
- Write to know: the integrality of research when writing beyond your comfort zone. (Don’t let your postcode limit your subject matter.)
- The sense of an ending: knowing when to walk away, knowing when to run.
- Where to read and be read. Become a familiar of literary publications in Australia and abroad.
About Roanna Gonsalves
Roanna is the author of The Permanent Resident (UWAP) which won the NSW Premier’s Literary Awards Multicultural Prize 2018, and was longlisted for the Dobbie Award. Her writing has been compared to the work of Alice Munro and Jhumpa Lahiri. Her four-part radio documentary series, On the tip of a billion tongues (ABC RN Earshot) is a portrayal of contemporary India through its multilingual writers. Roanna is a recipient of the Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Endeavour Award. See more at https://roannagonsalves.com.au
|Concession member||$ 240.00|