You will learn:
- What conflict in fiction means, and why it is essential
- How narrative tension is created and maintained
- How to write more well-rounded characters through engaging with the concepts of conflict and tension
- How narrative pacing relates to conflict and tension
- How to keep the reader turning pages.
Angela Meyer’s debut novel is A Superior Spectre (Peter Bishop Books/Ventura (2018) and Saraband (UK, 2019). Her writing has been widely published, including in Best Australian Stories, Island, The Australian, The Lifted Brow and Killings. She has worked in bookstores, as a book reviewer, in a whisky bar, and for the past few years has published a range of Australian authors for Echo Publishing, including award-winners and an international number one bestseller. Find her at @literaryminded / literaryminded.com.au.
176 Little Lonsdale St
Melbourne, VIC 3000-3000
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|