You will learn:
- Techniques for writing personal essays, opinion pieces and other forms of nonfiction writing
- How to build confidence in your own voice and opinions
- The ethics of writing about people in your life
- How to pitch ideas for personal essays and opinion pieces to editors and particular publications
- How to build a profile as a freelance nonfiction writer
About Roz Bellamy
Roz Bellamy is a freelance writer and the deputy online editor at Archer Magazine. Roz is a contributor to Living and Loving in Diversity(Wakefield Press), Going Postal: More Than "Yes" and "No"' (Brow Books) and ‘Growing Up Queer in Australia' (Black Inc., forthcoming). Roz has written for The Big Issue, Huffington Post, Junkee, Kill Your Darlings, Meanjin, SBS, The Sydney Morning Herald and Ten Daily. Roz’s writing was shortlisted for the Scribe Nonfiction Prize in 2014 and won the Stonnington Prize for Poetry in 2016.