The Writers Group is a series of series of free skills development workshops open to writers with all levels of experience.
Sessions will include:
- facilitated writing group with local mentor, Chris Thompson
- a tutorial with a guest writer with disability
- webinars (online course and talks)
The group starts in April and sessions will be held at Shepparton Library from 11am to 1pm monthly until November 2019
- Wednesday 17 April 2019, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 15 May 2019, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 19 June 2019, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 17 July 2019, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 21 August 2019, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 18 September 2019, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 16 October 2019, 11am to 1pm
- Wednesday 20 November 2019, 11am to 1pm
Participants need to be members of Writers Victoria to attend. You can join or renew your membership on this website. People with disability in the Outer Gippsland NDIS region can get 30% off a Writers Victoria membership by before the end of July 2019. Click here to find out more.
The Write-ability Goes Regional and Online program has been assisted by the Australian government through the Department of Communication and the Arts’ Catalyst—Australian Arts and Culture Fund. Write-ability is also supported by the Grace Marion Wilson Trust.
On this website, you can read more about Write-ability Goes Regional and Online.
Or for more information, please email Lyndel.
PLEASE NOTE: Writers Victoria staff and/or volunteers are available to assist all event participants, but are not trained support workers. If you require ongoing assistance throughout the event we suggest that you arrange a support work or carer to attend with you. Support workers, carers and companions attend Writers Victoria events for free, however we ask that you inform us of their attendance in advance if possible.
41 Marungi Street
Shepparton, VIC 3632