You will learn:
- How to pitch to festival programmers
- How to write an engaging bio and the do’s and don’t’s of author head-shots
- How to select a compelling reading for a panel or performance
- Tips on public speaking for writers
- How to prepare for chairing a panel or facilitating an interview
- How to be the best guest you can be - and get invited back again and again
About Maryanne Vagg
Maryanne Vagg has spent more than a decade working in the public library sector in senior cultural and public programming roles both in Geelong and prior to that, with Gold Coast Libraries. Maryanne developed and delivered Literati, the Gold Coast’s first literary festival and ran it successfully for three years prior to relocating to Geelong and working with the Geelong Regional Library Corporation, where she developed and expanded a broad range of high-profile and community responsive public programs.
Five years ago she created Geelong’s first major literary festival, the unique Word for Word Non-fiction Festival which she programmed and directed.
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.