You will learn:
• Important aspects in approach to writing for children
• Plot and structure
• Language and voice
• Character, conflict and setting
• Use of immersive detail
• An overview of Australian children’s publishing today, including what publishers look for in a submission
- Sunday 3 March, workshop (Ways to Approach your Work) - participants will be asked to prepare a 2 minute pitch to the group of their work/story idea.
- Friday 12 April – participants submit their work (one completed first draft, no more than 3,000 words) to the tutor, via email to Writers Victoria.
- Saturday 11 May, individual feedback day – 30 minute blocks per participant
- Saturday 1 June, workshop (Where to from Here?) follow up general feedback and an overview of the industry.
About Jane Godwin
Jane Godwin is an Australian children's book publisher and the highly acclaimed author of over 25 books for young readers, published nationally and internationally. A Queensland Premier's Award (Children's Books) winner, Jane has also shortlisted for several prestigious literary awards, including the CBCA Book of the Year Awards and the Prime Minister’s Literary Award. Jane's most recent picture book collaborations are ‘Go Go and the Silver Shoes’, ‘The Silver Sea’, and ‘Watch This!’. Jane’s new novel, ‘As Happy as Here’, will be published by Hachette in August 2019.
|Concession Member||$ 340.00|