It requires a thoughtful excavation of the self and empathy with your imagined readers. Explore how to find the right voice for your memoir, find the story, create vivid characters, ask the right questions and prepare a persuasive publishing proposal.
Sundays 16 September, 21 October, 18 November, 16 December, 10am – 4pm
You will learn
- About voice – how to find and refine the right "voice" for your memoir
- about situation vs story – how to identify the "story" you want to tell (the insight, the wisdom, the thing you’ve come to say) within the "situation" you are describing
- about characters – how to create vivid "characters" from real people – including yourself
- about research – how to decide which questions to ask and where to find the answers
- about publication – how to write an persuasive publishing proposal for your memoir.
About Dr Sian Prior
Dr Sian Prior has been a writer and broadcaster for 25 years and has written for newspapers, magazines and literary journals and won awards for her short stories. She has taught non-fiction at RMIT and for writers centres around Australia. Her book ‘Shy: A memoir’ was published in 2014.
|Concession Member||$ 530.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.