Laurel will offer strategies and tools to guide writers through the process and explore the challenges that underlie critical engagement with your work. Suitable for writers of fiction and narrative non-fiction who have a completed manuscript draft.
You will learn
- To understand what structural editing entails, who does it and when,
- about specific tools and strategies for writers to undertake in a structural edit of your work
- how to assess the health of the ‘vital organs’ of your manuscript
- scene/chapter outlines and other mapping techniques
- an appreciation of the emotional ups and downs of manuscript development.
About Laurel Cohn
Laurel Cohn is a book editor passionate about communication and the power of stories in our lives. As a developmental editor she has been helping writers since the 1980s prepare their work for publication. She also works with publishers, businesses and community organisations, and is a popular workshop presenter. Laurel has a PhD in literary and cultural studies and publishes in the academic world.
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.