In this course, you’ll discover how to introduce characters, open chapters, hook your reader and set up your plot through a series of reading and writing exercises. Learn how to set up plot and character and hook in your reader to create great beginnings for your short, or long, fiction of all genres.
You will learn
- How to set up a compelling plot
- how to introduce your characters so that they jump off the page
- start each chapter – we will look at different methods of beginning a chapter in a novel
- how your beginning ties into your ending and what role it takes in the structure of a story
- how to hook your reader with that perfect opening line.
About Eli Glasman
Eli Glasman is a Melbourne-based author. His debut novel, ‘The Boy’s Own Manual to Being a Proper Jew’ (Sleepers Publishing), concerns a homosexual boy in the Melbourne orthodox Jewish community. His short fiction has appeared in magazines across Australia.
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|