It is suitable for people at any stage of a writing project and includes plenty of practise opportunities, as well as a framework which will empower participants to continue to build their expertise and confidence with plotting after the workshop.
You will learn
- the three sides of the plot ‘triangle’: who? what? and why?
- the elements of a scene and how scenes push the plot forward
- the relationship between character and plot
- how to create a plot outline for your story using a six-point story arc structure
- how to create a one-sentence summary ideal for ‘pitching’ to agents and publishers.
About Annabel Smith
Annabel Smith is the author of digital interactive novel/app ‘The Ark’, US bestseller ‘Whisky Charlie Foxtrot’, and ‘A New Map of the Universe’, which was shortlisted for the WA Premier’s Book Awards. Her short fiction and essays have been published in Southerly, Westerly, Kill Your Darlings and the Review of Australian Fiction. She has a PhD in Creative Writing and teaches Creative Writing at the Australian Writers Centre.
Read more about our other Winter School workshops:
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.