In this one day workshop you will learn what trauma and grief actually are, how to address them in your writing and how to keep yourself safe while doing so. Learn practical tips for exploring grief and trauma and have a go at some fiction writing exercises.
You will learn
- to understand trauma and grief
- self care when writing trauma and grief
- practical approaches to writing grief and trauma
- strategies to avoid clichés and make your work stand out
- exercises to address trauma and grief in unique ways.
About Eliza Henry-Jones
Eliza is a Melbourne-based writer. Her debut novel ‘In the Quiet’ was shortlisted for the NSW Premier’s Literary Awards, the Readings Prize for New Australian Fiction and longlisted for the ABIA and Indie Book Awards. She has qualifications in grief, loss and trauma counseling and psychology, and has completed a thesis exploring bushfire trauma. Her work has also appeared in DailyLife, Southerly, Island, Seizure, LiNQ and many other places.
Read more about our other Winter School workshops:
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|