Receive direct feedback from your tutor and fellow course participants with this online course.
Stories of up to 1,500 words due midnight Wednesdays 7 February, 7 March, 4 April, 9 May, 6 June
You will learn
- how to identify and fully explore the themes hiding in your story
- how to put the right authorial voice to work to tell your story
- how to strengthen the dynamics in each scene
- how to balance decorative vs functional details
- how to be ruthless during the editing process.
About Steven Amsterdam
Steven Amsterdam is the author of ‘Things We Didn’t See Coming’ (Winner, The Age Book of the Year), ‘What the Family Needed’ (shortlist, Encore Prize), and most recently, ‘The Easy Way Out’, which was shortlisted for the ALS Gold Medal Award and longlisted for the Miles Franklin Literary Award. His short fiction and non-fiction has appeared in The Age, The Guardian, The Monthly, Heat, The Lifted Brow, Meanjin, Overland, Salon, and Virginia Quarterly Review. He is also a palliative care nurse.
Read more about our other online courses, digital intensives, clinics and webinars:
Melbourne, VIC 3000
|Concession Member||$ 240.00|