Writers Victoria is looking for a highly organised arts administrator to support the delivery of our annual program of professional development events and activities.
- Duration: October 2016 to December 2020 (with potential to extend)
- Hours: Full time, 38 hours per week, includes some evenings and weekends
- Salary: $51,000 pa plus mandatory superannuation
- Reports to: Director
- Responsible for: Program Assistant, volunteers and interns
- Assist the Writers Victoria Director and General Manager in the planning and delivery of programs and services that connect and support writers at all stages of their development.
- Coordinate development and administration of a diverse range of professional development courses, services and special projects (including courses and workshops, Manuscript Assessment service, Mentorships, online programs, regional professional development programs, and other special projects).
- Liaise and negotiate with authors, tutors, workshop leaders, mentors and manuscript assessors.
- Coordinate and support Program Assistant, volunteers and interns.
Marketing and Sales
- Coordinate marketing of program activities (including printed programs, The Victorian Writer magazine, Writers Victoria website and enews, social media, event marketing, listings and external marketing).
- Manage sales enquiries, bookings and invoicing for program activities.
- Monitor online and offline sales (including financial reconciliations).
- Maximise earned income from program activities.
- Assist the Writers Victoria Director and General Manager in monitoring of project budgets.
- Support retention and growth of Writers Victoria membership.
- Help extend the Writers Victoria community on- and off-line.
- Program administration and contracting.
- Provide monthly report of activities to be prepared for Director and Committee of Management.
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy filing systems.
- Contribute to staff meetings and strategic planning sessions.
- Additional duties as required.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a small team within a busy, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience across the full delivery-cycle of live events and professional development programs (including planning, setting learning outcomes, administration, logistics, marketing, delivery, monitoring and reporting).
- Strong communication and public presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience liaising with people at all levels (from writers, artists and industry professionals to members, participants and volunteers).
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and diplomacy skills.
- Experience in a similar role and familiarity with the Victorian and Australian literature sector.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required.
How to Apply
Applicants are welcome to ask any questions about this opportunity before submitting their application via email to Kate.
Please submit the following information:
- A cover letter outlining how you meet each of the selection criteria (no more than 4 A4 pages)
- A copy of your resume (no more than 4 A4 pages).
Applications must be received by Writers Victoria by 10am on Monday 5 September 2016 via email (preferred) or by mail to: Writers Victoria, Level 3, the Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Application due date: Monday 5 September 2016, 10am
- Interviews: Wednesday 14 or Thursday 15 September 2016
- Start date: September or October 2016