Can you write a blurb for a hypothetical book?
This writing contest is all about book blurbs. The twist? We want blurbs about completely made-up, nonexistent books. Get creative!
Write and submit a back cover blurb of 100 words or fewer that sets the stage for a novel, establishes the characters, and raises the stakes in a way that makes readers want to find out more.
Let your imagination go wild—and who knows? You may be inspired to turn your blurb into a novel of your own one day.
We will award one prize of $500 to the best blurb.
The submitted blurbs will be judged by our team of query letter writers based on how effectively they hook readers, taking into account the writing style and the overall impression.
- Your blurb must be original. Any submissions found to contain plagiarism will be disqualified.
- Submissions must be 100 words or fewer. Please run a spellcheck and proofread carefully.
- You may submit multiple entries provided each entry is a completely unique blurb.
- You can apply from anywhere in the world. No purchase is necessary to enter this contest.
- In applying, you grant us permission to publish your blurb entry on the QueryLetter.com blog.
- Please apply by noon (US Eastern time) on September 15, 2020.