In partnership with Rabbit: a journal for nonfiction poetry, we are thrilled to announce the launch of the 2021 Venie Holmgren Environmental Poetry Prize.
Major prize: AUD$1000
All entries must be received by 11.59 pm EST, Monday July 26 2021. The winner will be announced at the Words in Winter festival in Daylesford on Sunday August 22 2021. The judges for the 2021 competition are Carissa Lee and John Charles Ryan.
Entry terms and conditions
1. Entrants must be citizens of Australia or have permanent resident status in Australia.
2. Poems must be unpublished (including online) and not under consideration by other publishers.
3. Poems that have won or are under consideration in other competitions are not eligible.
4. Poems must have an environmental theme.
5. All poems must be written in English. No images, videos or audio files.
6. The winning poems will be published on www.holmgren.com.au and in Rabbit.
7. An entry fee of $10 will be charged and is payable via bank transfer, credit card, cash or cheque. An email will be sent as confirmation once the money has been received.
8. The name of the poet must not appear on the manuscript (including the header, footer or file name) since all poems will be considered anonymously.
9. Poems must be no more than 80 lines of text.
10. Multiple entries are permitted, though a $10 fee applies to each poem.
11. Please ensure you are satisfied with your poem before submitting. Poems that are resubmitted will incur a second fee.
12. The competition closes 11.59 pm EST, Monday July 26, 2021.
13. Selection will be made by the judges. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
For more information visit https://holmgren.com.au/the-2021-venie-holmgren-environmental-poetry-prize/