For the first time in a long time Subbed In is open for submissions!
Subbed In is accepting unsolicited submissions of full-length poetry manuscripts from now until Thursday 30 June 2022 (11:59pm AEDT).
Subbed In strongly encourages submissions from working class writers.
To gauge an idea of the work we’re interested in publishing we recommend familiarising yourself with Subbed In’s ethos and catalogue before submitting.
- Submissions are open to anyone who lives in so called Australia.
- Submissions will only be accepted via Submittable. Manuscripts submitted via email or other means will not be read or considered.
- We define a ‘full length’ poetry manuscript as being 50 or more pages.
- Simultaneous submissions are a-okay with us (we’re not monsters) but please withdraw your work via Submittable if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Feel free to contact us 6 months after submissions have closed if you have not received an update on your submission via Submittable.
- Any accepted works will undergo an editorial process.
- Please do not contact Subbed In after you have submitted your manuscript to make changes.
- Subbed In is a small operation usually run by one person (sometimes two) who works full time outside of Subbed In. Subbed In doesn’t have the resources to provide feedback or enter into correspondence regarding submissions before or after submissions close.
- Late submissions will not be accepted or read.
- Please only submit one manuscript.
- Manuscripts must be submitted as editable Word documents.
- Manuscripts can include works that have been previously published. Please include an acknowledgments page for work previously published in your manuscript.
- When submitting your work please be sure to include a short bio as well as a brief description of your vision for the work.
- Subbed In reserves the right not to publish any works submitted during the reading period.
What to include in your submission:
- Full-length poetry manuscript
- 200 words about your book
- Short author bio (50 words)
For more information and to submit, visit the Subbed In website at: https://subbed.in/latest/subbed-in-is-open-for-poetry-manuscript-submissions