Nominations for the Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards 2022 are now open.
Nominations close on Friday 18 March 2022.
The Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards aim to promote children’s books as literacy tools, as well as raising awareness of the role of speech pathologists play in helping children develop language and literacy skills. The awards:
- promote quality Australian children’s literature;
- enhance awareness of the role speech pathologists play in language and literacy development; and
- encourage a love of reading.
Important changes in 2022
For 2022, the Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards have undergone two important changes.
If a nominated book is successfully shortlisted, then the nominator of the book will be asked to submit a further eight (8) copies for the purposes of judging. As in previous years, all nominators will be notified about whether their book has or has not been shortlisted.
- Only one copy of the book being nominated must be submitted at the time of nomination, NOT 12 copies as previously required.
- The Book of the Year has a new category: “Decodable Book Series”. Before nominating for this category, please read the eligibility criteria outlined in the nomination form.
For more information and to nominate a book in the awards, visit: https://www.speechpathologyaustralia.org.au/SPAweb/whats_on/Book_of_the_Year/SPAweb/What_s_On/Book_of_the_Year/Book_of_the_Year.aspx