Get stuffed covid blues, Schizy Inc are coming through!
Schizy Inc are holding a series of arts workshops for people with living experience of schizophrenia and other ongoing mental health realities, in stand up comedy, songwriting, writing/spoken word, and visual art.
These free arts industry workshops are suitable for both emerging and practicing artists, and will culminate in a performance event at LOOP Bar in Melbourne for our annual World Schizophrenia Day event (Mojo).
There are 5 spaces available in each artform so please fill out the form and send it to email@example.com to take part.
Leading up to our public art event Mojo: Arts TakeOver for World Schizophrenia Day (WSD) in May 2022, Schizy Inc are delivering a series of workshops for emerging artists inStand-up comedy; Songwriting and Performance; Spoken Word and Visual Arts.
The workshops will culminate at our WSD event Mojo Arts TakeOver in Melbourne, with 20 artists presenting new works they have each created through the workshops.
These free workshops will be led by four highly respected Australian artists and people experienced working with creatives in the Schizy Inc wider community – Nelly Thomas, John Fleming, Jesse Oliver and Felicity Gordon. Each will deliver 3 x 2hour workshops offering high quality skills development and practical based tuition. 5 places are on offer for each workshop. The workshops will be held at Ross House, Flinders Lane, Melbourne.
The dates for the workshops are:
- Songwriting Performance: Sun 20 Feb, Sat 26 Feb, Sat 5 March 2022 1-3pm
- Writing/Spoken Word: Sat 19 March, Sat 26 March, Sat 2 April 2022 1-3pm
- Visual Arts: Sat 9 April, Sat 23 April, Sun 1 May 2022 1-3pm
- Stand-Up Comedy: Sat 30 April, Sat 7 May, Sat 14 May 2022 1-3pm
- World Schizophrenia Day Event: Saturday 28th May 2022 2-6pm
How to fill in the form:
- download the document: EOI Mojo Arts TakeOver 22
- open document in your Word program, or
- print out and handwrite answers, then scan or photograph completed form
- email completed form as PDF, .doc (Word) or Images to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also download a flyer about the event here.