Do you live in regional Victoria and would like to be a part of the Emerging Writers’ Festival 2016? Is there an exciting literary element in your home town that you would like to share to a national and international audience?
This year, EWF have an opportunity for a regional Victorian writer to be a part of a cultural and literary exchange!
The Emerging Writers’ Festival, Ubud Writers and Readers Festival, and Ibis Hotels are teaming up to send writers to Melbourne, Bali, and regional Victoria.
Adimas Immanuel is an Indonesian poet who will be joining us for the duration of the Emerging Writers’ Festival on exchange from Ubud Writers and Readers Festival.
EWF will connect a writer from regional Victoria with Adimas, UWRFs international counterpart, for a cultural and community exchange. Both writers will attend EWF in June, meet with each other at The National Writers’ Conference and stay at Ibis Hotels.
Victoria’s literary community extends far beyond the City of Melbourne. In the following week the winner of the Regional Literary Exchange will take Adimas on a tour of their Victorian hometown to engage with an aspect of the writing community in that area – it could be a writing group, book club, reading night or site of literary significance for example.
The Regional Literary Exchange writer will write a post-festival blog post for the EWF blog on their experience in the exchange.
The regional Victorian writer will receive:
- An opportunity to connect with national and international writing communities, and the chance to showcase their own
- A weekend pass to the National Writers’ Conference valid for Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June
- A ticket to the Boon Companions Performance event on the evening of Saturday 18 June
- 1 x double room for 2 nights over the conference weekend, 1 x parking space for 2 nights, 1 x complimentary breakfast to connect both writers
- The opportunity to have an article about their experience of the exchange and EWF16 published on the EWF blog
Tell EWF in 200 words or less what your writing community means to you, and how you would share, connect and engage your international counterpart with your local community through this exchange. Apply now on the EWF website.
The winner will be announced a week before The National Writers’ Conference (Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June)