Submitting an adult manuscript
At Penguin Random House Australia we’re excited to read new work from Australian authors. If you would like your manuscript to be considered please follow these guidelines.
Submit only via email
- We do not accept hardcopy submissions.
Submit in the first week of every month
- Submissions are only accepted during this time. Manuscripts submitted outside this time may not be read.
What we don’t publish:
individual short stories
educational text books.
All submissions must be no larger than 3Mb and must include the following:
Attach 50 to 100 pages of your manuscript, double spaced, as a Word document or a PDF. Please don’t send the entire manuscript. Please do not send your manuscript more than once, even if you have revised it since it was first submitted. We accept submissions from ANZ territories only.
Include the title of your work, whether it’s fiction or non-fiction, and the genre (e.g. The Lost Codex: Fiction/Thriller).
Please include in the body of your email:
- Your name
- Contact details including phone number and address
- Word count of the work
- Brief summary (no more than 200 words)
- Brief author bio (two or three sentences)
- Details of any previous publishing history and/or writing awards you’ve received
- Details of where your book would sit in the marketplace (comparison titles, similar authors, intended audience)
- An indication of whether the manuscript has been sent to other publishers
- An indication of whether you’ve previously submitted a proposal to Penguin Random House (if so, give details)
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS TO
When you send through your submission, you’ll receive an automatic email acknowledging receipt. All manuscripts are carefully read and assessed, but we can only respond to those who are successful. If we do not contact you within four months of submission, please assume that we have decided not to pursue your manuscript. No further correspondence will be entered into.