Write-ability Goes Local: Mornington Peninsula is a collaboration between Writers Victoria, Mornington Peninsula Shire Council and Peninsula Writers Club, aimed at aspiring writers with disability living in Mornington Peninsula.
Writers Victoria is looking for a Local Mentor to facilitate and administer a Rosebud-based writing group on a work-from-home basis (contract position).
Duration: April 2020 to December 2020
Hours: Contract: 50 hours (2 full days in April plus approximately four hours per month from May to December 2020.
Fee: $3,000 + GST if applicable (includes travel costs to and from activities)
Location: This position will be undertaken on a work-from-home basis and through a number of events within Mornington Peninsula venues
Reports to: Writeability Goes Local Program Manager
Program and Services
- Attend day of training on Tuesday 14 April 2020.
- Attend Why Writing Matters: Own Voices forum in Mornington Peninsula on Wednesday 15 April 2020.
- Facilitate the local Write-ability Goes Local Writers Group sessions in Rosebud – one session per month for eight months. Dates are: Saturdays 16 May, 20 June, 18 July, 15 August, 19 September, 17 October, 14 November, 5 December from 10.30am to 12.30pm (2-hour session and 2 hours’ prep/admin per month).
- Provide information, advice and mentoring/guidance to Write-ability participants through writing group sessions.
- Liaise with Write-ability tutors, workshop leaders, mentors and venue partners.
- Write-ability Goes Local: Mornington Peninsula Writers Group administration.
- Provide administrative support to writing group sessions (including set-up of AV)
- Provide monthly wrap-up of project outcomes to date for Project Manager.
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy filing systems.
- Additional duties as required.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision (preferably in a remote office environment).
- Strong communication and public presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience liaising with people at all levels (from writers, artists and industry professionals to members, participants and volunteers).
- Good computing skills.
- Experience in a similar role and familiarity with the Victorian and Australian literature sector.
- Knowledge of and connections to writing and disability communities in the Mornington Peninsula region.
Write-ability is a disability-led literary project. Writers Victoria will prioritise applications from people with disability living in Mornington Peninsula for this role.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter (no more than two A4 pages) outlining how you meet the selection criteria along with a copy of your CV to:
Email (preferred): email@example.com
Mail: Writers Victoria, Level 3, The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Applications must be received by Writers Victoria by 5pm on Wednesday 18 March 2020.
Applications received after that time or that do not meet the Selection Criteria will not be considered. Visit Regional Arts Victoria’s website for tips on how to apply for a job in the arts.
Application due date: 4pm, Wednesday 18 March 2020
Interviews: Applicants must be available for interviews 24-26 March (via Skype or in person)
Start date: 14 April 2020
This project is funded by Mornington Peninsula Shire Council.