Write-ability Goes Regional and Online is a three-year program for aspiring writers with disability living in regional Victoria.
This contract for the position of Local Mentor will facilitate and administer a Bendigo Writers Group on a work-from home basis.
- Duration: August 2017 to April 2018
- Hours: Contract: 50 hours (2 full days in April plus approximately four hours per month from August 2017 to April 2018)
- Fee: $3,000 + GST if applicable (includes travel costs to and from activities)
- Location: This position will be undertaken on a work-from-home basis and through a number of events within Bendigo venues
- Reports to: WGRO Project Officer
Program and Services
- Attend a day of training in Bendigo on Tuesday 1 August 2017.
- Attend Own Voices forum in Bendigo on Wednesday 2 August 2017.
- Facilitate the local Write-ability Goes Regional Writers Group sessions in Bendigo – one session per month for eight months (dates TBC):
- Potential dates could include Wednesday August 23, September 20, October 18, November 22, December 13, February 7, March 14 and April 11 from 11.00am – 1.00pm (including 2 hour session and 2 hours prep/admin per month)
- Provide information, advice and mentoring/guidance to Write-ability participants through writing group sessions.
- Liaise with Write-ability tutors, workshop leaders, mentors and venue partners.
- WGRO Writers Group administration.
- Provide administrative support to writing group sessions (including set-up of AV and webinars).
- Provide monthly wrap-up of project outcomes to date for Project Officer and Mentor.
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy filing systems.
- Additional duties as required.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision (preferably in a remote office environment).
- Strong communication and public presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience liaising with people at all levels (from writers, artists and industry professionals to members, participants and volunteers).
- Good computing skills.
- Experience in a similar role and familiarity with the Victorian and Australian literature sector.
- Knowledge of and connections to writing and disability communities in the Central Highlands region.
Write-ability is a disability-led literary project. Writers Victoria will prioritise applications from people with disability living in Loddon for this role.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter (no more than two A4 pages) outlining how you meet the selection criteria along with a copy of your CV by:
- Email (preferred): email@example.com
- Mail: Writers Victoria, Level 3, The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Applications must be received by Writers Victoria by 10am on Monday 3 July 2017.
- Application due date: 9am, Monday 3 July 2017
- Interviews: Week beginning 10 July 2017 (via Skype)
- Start date: Early August 2017
This project has been assisted by the Australian government through the Department of Communication and the Arts’ Catalyst—Australian Arts and Culture Fund.