Winner receives Author Coaching, Structural Edit and Line Edit (Prize Value $2,500) with the structural edit kindly sponsored by Brisbane Writers Workshop, and line editing and author coaching sponsored by Hawkeye Publishing.
Closes 6PM Friday 17 December 2021
Maximum 80,000 words.
$45AU Entry Fee
*The entry fee is required to administer the lengthy assessment process. Entrants will receive judges’ feedback on their submission.
Hawkeye Publishing may offer the winner a publishing contract. (Note: this is not a guarantee of publication, but the possibility of). Previous winners and short-listed entrants who are published by Hawkeye include Welcome to Blackwood, Lament, and Breaking Through the Pain Barrier, with more still in production – Between Before and After, Returning to Adelaide, Wellworth, Magnus Nights, and What If You Fly (previously titled Coffee & Peaches).
- Authors of commercial Adult and Young Adult fiction and non-fiction written in English can apply.
- Manuscripts submitted by applicants must be their own original, unpublished work and should be strong commercial fiction, including but not limited to contemporary women’s fiction, science fiction, romance, crime and YA, or commercial non-fiction, including but not limited to memoir, biography, history, self-help, business.
- The following types of work are not eligible:
- Poetry and plays.
- Works intended for the academic market.
- Cookery manuscripts.
- Travel diaries (Note: travel memoirs written creatively for a commercial market are eligible).
- Manuscripts for adult fiction and non-fiction must be a maximum of 80,000 words in length.
- Emerging and established writers are invited to apply.
- Entry to the program is open to applicants world-wide who write for an English-speaking audience.
Applicants must be aged 18 years or older.