Established in 2014, HARDCOPY is a national professional development program that helps build the capacities, aptitudes and resources emerging Australian writers need to reach their potential.
By creating an environment that is educative, vigorous and nurturing, HARDCOPY:
- helps writers develop their manuscripts;
- increases industry knowledge;
- facilitates relationships between writers and publishing professionals; and
- breaks down the barriers of location and geography.
In 2018 the program will focus on fiction manuscripts.
HARDCOPY does not specifically aim to have its participants achieve publication as a direct and immediate result of the program. Rather, HARDCOPY focuses on:
- manuscript development;
- education about how the Australian publishing industry works; and
- building connections and relationships within the industry/writing community.