Peril is an online magazine focused on issues of Asian Australian arts and culture. They have been sharing stories since 2006.
In 2020, Peril are looking for contributions to the following themed editions:
[Open now] Edition 42: No Theme
If your work can be shared online, we will work to find a platform for it. Without limiting your ideas, we welcome you to consider:
- Art that endures. Story making and creating that brings beauty, succour, challenge, intent, consciousness and grace. As always, we are passionate about Asian Australian arts and culture and your work should have relevance to our communities, but don’t be limited by what has come before. These are uncharted waters: dive in.
- Collaborative work. Now is a time to reach out and co-create. We welcome artist-artist collaborations and beyond. Perhaps there is someone else out there: friend, family, familiar stranger whose story is waiting to be intertwined with yours. Pitch us – we’re friendly! We can remunerate all parties based in Australia for tax purposes. If you’re based internationally, please get in touch to discuss.
- Long-form essays and reflections that contextualise the current crisis within a broader historical, social or political understanding. We are not a news organisation, but this is a time for holding artistic and critical mirrors to the world around us.
For this open issue we are offering:
- $200 for poetry, visual art, fiction, non-fiction, essays and political opinion
- $300 for extended essays, and long-form prose over 2000 words
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line whether your contribution best fits the category: Poetry; Prose; Visual art; Politics/Opinion.
Submissions for this edition will remain open until 15 September.
More information: https://peril.com.au/contribute/