Blackfella Speculative Fiction: Call for Submissions
UQP is delighted to announce that we are collaborating with award-winning Koori and Lebanese writer Mykaela Saunders on an anthology of Blackfella Speculative Fiction. The anthology is being curated and edited by Saunders and will be published in 2022. Submissions are now being accepted from emerging and established Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander writers who write speculative fiction that is weirdly bold, Black and excellent – from science fiction, climate fiction, fantasy, futurism, post-apocalyptic, dystopian, horror, gothic, and all speculative genres in-between.
- Writers can submit up to two stories (no more than 5000 words each).
- Please submit stories as one Word doc. with 1.5 line spacing, 12 point font.
- Previously published work will be considered.
- In your submission email, don’t forget to introduce yourself and identify your mob/community.
- All submissions selected for final publication will be paid $500 each. Successful applicants may be required to provide a CoA to meet the criteria of the Australia Councils for the Arts funding.
Please send all submissions to editor, Mykaela Saunders at email@example.com by midnight AEST on Friday 30 April, 2021.
For enquiries and more info visit: https://mykaelasaunders.com/cfs-black-spec-fic/