The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talent in Poetry and Short Fiction. Now in its 15th year, the Prize supports both emerging and established writers. By entering, writers can showcase their work to key industry figures and organisations including The Poetry Society, Granta, VINTAGE and more.
Shortlisted writers (20 fiction, 40 poetry) are awarded with publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Anthology as well as online listing and inclusion in our press materials.
Two main winners are selected – one for poetry and one for fiction – each awarded with £2,500 as well as publication with the Aesthetica Creative Writing Anthology and further awards with our partner organisations (listed below).
Aesthetica is proud to champion new writing talent and supports its writing alumni beyond the Prize, offering print and digital publicity and continued exposure across our channels.
Entries open until 31 August 2021.
- £5,000 prize money
– £2,500 for the Poetry Winner
– £2,500 for the Short Fiction Winner
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual
- Full membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- Consultation with Redhammer Management (Fiction Winner)
- Selection of books from Vintage
- One year print subscription to Granta
- Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines.
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words.
- Works published or entered elsewhere are accepted.
- We accept works on any theme.
- You may enter the Award as many times as you wish – but each new requires a fee and new submission form.
- For more information, read our FAQs here or for our refund policy. For further enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 2020 – 31 August 2021: Entries open
- September 2021: Judging begins
- November 2021: Shortlisted writers are contacted and book proofs sent
- December 2021: Winners and are announced
- December 2021: Publication of winners and shortlist in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual 2022
For more information, visit the Aesthetica Magazine website.