UPDATE: The Richell Prize 2021 deadline has been extended! The closing date is now Friday 16 July at 11.59pm AEST.
Winning Entry: $10,000 and a 12-month mentorship with Hachette Australia
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Entries must be saved as a single PDF, comprised of the following:
- The first three chapters of the work with a maximum word length of 20,000 words;
- A one-page synopsis;
- A chapter breakdown of the rest of the work, no more than two A4 pages long;
You will also need to write a statement up to 750 words about how winning the prize will further your writing career, to be entered in the online form at the time of submission. Click here to read the submission guidelines in PDF or DOCX format. Still got questions? Check out our FAQs here.
IMPORTANT 2021 DATES
- Opening date for entries: Monday 19 April
- Closing date for entries: Friday 9 July, 11:59pm AEST
- Longlist announced: Friday 3 September
- Shortlist announced: Friday 8 October
- Winner announced: Thursday 4 November
For more information and entries, visit https://emergingwritersfestival.org.au/richell-prize-2021/