Diverse Women Writers
Summary:A low-cost professional development and networking day for diverse women writers, allies and industry.
- 10.00am to 10.20am - Registration and networking
- 10.30am to 10.45am - Introduction with Eleanor Jackson
- 10.45am to 11.45am - Writer / Advocate / Activist panel with Maxine Beneba Clarke and Jax-Jacki Brown
- 11.45am to 1.00pm - Pitching panel with Robert Watkins, Aviva Tuffield and Jacinta di Mase
- 1.00pm to 2.00pm - Lunch Break / Networking (lunch is not supplied)
- 2.00pm to 3.00pm - Best of Best Practice panel with Fiona Tuomy, Lian Low, Jane Harrison and Lefa Singleton-Norton
- 3.00pm to 4.00pm - Open Forum with Carissa Lee
- 4.00pm to 5.00pm - Networking drinks (tickets include a drink voucher for this networking session with participants and invited industry guests and allies)
Who can attend?
We welcome trans women, genderqueer women, and non-binary people who identify as writers with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander writers, writers of colour, LGBTI writers or those from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Allies and industry representatives are also welcome to attend. If you do not personally identify as a diverse woman writer, buying an 'allies' ticket includes a $10 tax-deductible donation to allow someone else to come along for free.
Code of conduct
By booking for this event, you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct:
- I will act in a way that helps create a safe, constructive and harassment-free space for everybody.
- I will respect the views and opinions of others and allow them the time and space in which to share them.
- I will be considerate in what I do and say, and mindful of the effect that might have on other people.
- I recognise that discriminatory, racist, ableist, homophobic, transphobic, ageist, sexist or sexual language and imagery (or similar) will not be tolerated in any part of the event or networking sessions or associated Facebook, Twitter and other online media.
- I will not photograph or record anyone without their permission.
- I acknowledge that this event is for diverse women writers. If I do not identify in that way:
- I will attend in order to listen, learn and lend my support.
- I will not take opportunities away from the diverse women writers present by speaking out in public sessions (unless I am specifically asked to do so).
- I will report any offensive, unacceptable or unsafe behaviour to the Writers Victoria team.
- I acknowledge that I may be asked to leave if my behaviour is deemed offensive, unacceptable or unsafe.
This event is part of the Write-ability program and made possible thanks to the support of the Lord Mayor's Charitable Foundation and the Australia Council for the Arts.