Long Course: Mastering the Publisher Submission Package
Summary:Your manuscript is polished, you’ve given it everything, and now you’re ready to send it out to publishers. What documents do you need to support your submission? How do you write a succinct and catchy pitch? What are the essential elements to a killer synopsis? What should your cover letter include? How do you go about finding the right publisher for your work? This three-day course with freelance editor Nadine Davidoff will equip you with the necessary insights and skills to assemble a strong and targeted publishing proposal.
This seminar will take place online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
3 full-day courses
- Sunday 7 May, 10am-4pm: Researching and Finding the Right Publisher (and Compelling Cover Letters)
- Sunday 28 May, 10am-4pm: Synopses from Start to Submit
- Sunday 4 June, 10am-4pm: Perfecting Your Pitch
You Will Learn:
- How to write a succinct and catchy pitch
- How to write a synopsis that sums up the work and communicates its promise
- How to introduce yourself with style and substance through a taut and compelling cover letter
- How to research the publishing landscape and find the right publisher (and avoid the scams!)
About the Tutor:
Nadine Davidoff is a freelance book editor and writing/editing teacher with extensive trade publishing experience. She has worked as a Senior Editor at Random House and a Commissioning Editor at Black Inc. Nadine has taught in RMIT’s Professional Writing and Editing course and she teaches the annual Fiction Editing Masterclass in Melbourne University’s Masters of Publishing program. She has delivered numerous courses for writers’ centres Australia-wide.
Not a Member?
Members of Writers Victoria receive up to 37% off the full price of our workshops, seminars and courses. In addition, members have access to a range of other discounts and opportunities and receive a subscription to 'The Victorian Writer' magazine. Memberships start from just $50. Find out more about becoming a member here.
Book early to access our early bird prices! These expire 9 days before the course begins. Please keep in mind that our workshops require a minimum number of participants to run, so booking early also helps ensure that a workshop will go ahead.
Phone: (03) 9917 8463