Want the chance to meet other writers in the Writers Victoria community? To have a say in who runs your peak body? How about free wine and free books?
Whatever your motivation, Writers Victoria is delighted to welcome members to our Annual General Meeting for the 2019 Calendar Year, to be held on Wednesday 25 March 2020 at 6pm, at The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne.
- Welcome and apologies
- Minutes of the 2019 Annual General Meeting
- 2019 Reports
- Director’s Report
- Chair’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Secretary’s Report on the proposed amendments to the Writers Victoria Rules of Association
- Special resolution:
- That the proposed amendments to the Writers Victoria Rules of Association be accepted.
- The resolution covered in 4.i above is proposed as a Special Resolution, in line with the requirements of the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012.
- Election of new members to the Committee of Management
- Any other business
Draft minutes of the 2019 AGM can be downloaded here.
Proposed amendments to the Writers Victoria Rules of Association can be downloaded here.
The current Rules of Association can be found by clicking on ‘official Rules’ on the Writers Victoria ‘About Us’ website page.
A copy of the 2019 Annual Report will be distributed on the night.
Attending and voting at the AGM
Please RSVP here by 6pm on Tuesday 24 March 2020.
If you are unable to attend, please consider submitting a proxy voting form. Proxy forms must be returned by 6pm Tuesday 24 March 2020.
Members will be asked to vote on the Special Resolution to make amendments to the current Writers Victoria Rules of Association.
Members will also be asked to vote for the three (3) Committee of Management positions that are to be declared vacant at the AGM, for which we have received fourteen (14) nominations.
Unsigned proxy forms will be accepted from members if sent via email to email@example.com by 6pm on Tuesday 24 March 2020, from the email address listed in their membership record