The Victorian Writer
The Victorian Writer is Writers Victoria’s member magazine, published ten times per year. Flick through a recent issue here.
- Jan-Feb – Money
- March – Children
- April – Worlds
- May – Literary Journals
- June – Politics
- July – Avant Garde
- August – Festivals
- Sept/Oct – Crime
- November – Food
- December – My Place
The magazine includes:
- information on what’s going on at Writers Victoria
- news and views from the writing world in general
- in-depth articles on all aspects of writing and publishing.
The magazine also includes valuable listings of the latest writing-related opportunities and competitions with key details such as closing dates, prizes and entry fees. Opportunities that miss the deadline for the magazine are included in our weekly ebulletin.
What to expect in The Victorian Writer
- Behind the scenes: what goes into getting a work out into the world, including info on mentoring, manuscript assessment, editing, proposals, publishing, publicity and agents
- A sense of place: just how important is place in writing, and how do you evoke it?
- Emerging writers: stories from emerging writers and the view from publishers
- Issues-based writing: writing that’s political – who writes it and why, and who publishes it
- Self-publishing: advice and stories from the self-published/self-publishers
- Writing for the Web: the difference between online and print publishing
- Literary Festivals across Victoria: Hear from the directors and the guests
Join Writers Victoria to receive the magazine ten times per year.