Writers Victoria welcomes pitches and submissions to our in-house print magazine ‘The Victorian Writer’.
We strongly advise all who submit that they read the most recent issues of ‘The Victorian Writer’ to acquaint themselves with material the magazine has previously published, and check out our upcoming themes.
- Feb–March: Love writing (a Valentine's for writing: Why do you love writing? Has writing broken your heart? Also interested in writing about fan-fic, romance, erotica etc.) – deadline 30 Dec
- April–May: Doing it together (collaboration) – deadline 27 Feb
- June–July: Writing life (how writers live, also: memoir, autobiog, biog) – deadline 27 Apr
- Aug–Sep: Non-fictional (all things non-fic) – deadline 27 Jun
- Oct–Nov: Emerging writers' special (What is to emerge exactly?, Have you just 'emerged'?, Have you been emerging for 10, 20, 30 etc years?, The GMW Emerging Writers Prize winners) – deadline 27 Aug
- Dec-Jan: Writing each other (Own Voices movement, cultural appropriation, should we write outside our experiences?) – deadline 27 Oct
We accept non-fiction, articles and extracts up to 2000 words.
Submissions of fiction and memoir are open to Writers Victoria members only.
All submissions should include your name, contact information, as well as the title of your piece.
To submit an article pitch or something you’ve already written, email the editor.
Member submissions – $75–$125
Commissions – $150–$250
(Rates can vary depending on each issue's budget.)