Writers Victoria is committed to supporting writers across the state.
We understand that regional writers may not have access to the same range of resources, events and networks as Melbourne-based writers; that they can’t easily attend courses or events held in Melbourne. To assist regional writers with access to resources and networks, we have implemented:
- Writers Victoria Regional Partnerships Program which offers regional writers’ groups and festivals the opportunity to request a professional writing workshop or forum of their choice at a generously subsidised rate
- regional round-up each month in The Victorian Writer magazine – a look at what’s going on in one of five regions around the state, with contact information for regional contacts
- regular call-outs for regional news to include in our ebulletin and The Victorian Writer
- regular articles in The Victorian Writer by regional writers
- discounted membership for regional writers
- regional writer forums – a chance for regional writing representatives to get together and work out strategies for assisting regional writers.
Regional membership is available to people living in Victorian regional areas: those with phone numbers starting with ‘5’ or living more than 50kms from the Melbourne GPO. Please note that it is not available to interstate members.