The Writers Group is a series of free skills development workshops open to writers with all levels of experience. Sessions will include:
- facilitated writing group with local mentor, Hilary Thiele.
- a tutorial with a guest writer with disability
- webinars (online course and talks)
The group starts in June and sessions will be held at the Alfred Deakin Centre in Mildura from 10.30am to 12.30pm monthly until February 2020.
- Wednesday 19 June 2019, 10.30 to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 17 July 2019, 10.30 to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 21 August 2019, 10.30 to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 18 September 2019, 10.30 to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 16 October 2019, 10.30 to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 20 November 2019, 10.30 to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 11 December 2019, 10.30 to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 19 February 2020, 10.30 to 12.30pm
Participants are encouraged to become members of Writers Victoria. You can join or renew your membership on this website. People with disability in the Mallee NDIS region can get 30% off a Writers Victoria membership by before the end of July 2019. Click here to find out more.
The Write-ability Goes Regional and Online program has been assisted by the Australian government through the Department of Communication and the Arts’ Catalyst—Australian Arts and Culture Fund. Write-ability is also supported by the Grace Marion Wilson Trust.
On this website, you can read more about Write-ability Goes Regional and Online.
Or for more information, please email Lyndel.
190 Deakin Avenue
176 Little Lonsdale Street
Mildura, VIC 3500-3000