‘Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.’ – Gustave Flaubert
You will learn:
- How to take your writing seriously
- Identifying obstacles to writing
- Lifehacks* for writers
- The creative process: finding what works for you
- Hot tips and advice from those in the know
* Lifehack: a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one's time and daily activities in a more efficient way.
About Angela Savage
Angela always wanted to be a writer, but figured she needed to live an interesting life first in order to have something worth writing about. She spent most of the 1990s living and working on HIV projects in Southeast Asia, before returning to Australia, where she alternated between writing fiction and working in the community sector. Her debut novel, 'Behind the Night Bazaar', won the 2004 Victorian Premier's Award for an Unpublished Manuscript, and she won the 2011 Scarlet Stiletto Award for short fiction. Her new novel, Mother of Pearl, will be out from Transit Lounge in 2019. Angela holds a PhD in Creative Writing from Monash University, giving her the Bond villain-like title of Doctor Savage.
176 Little Lonsdale St
Melbourne, VIC 3000