Through discussion of the relationship between word and image, the history and examples of hybrid texts that combine the two forms, as well as practical workshop exercises, students will learn how to develop and enrich their own writing practice through an active engagement with the visual arts.
You will learn
- The history of hybrid texts that combine words and images,
- about examples of contemporary hybrid texts,
- how to compose a hybrid text,
- the relationship between word and image,
- how to incorporate the visual arts into the practice of writing.
About Bella Li
Bella Li is the author of 'Argosy' (Vagabond Press, 2017), which won the 2018 Victorian Premier's Literary Award for Poetry and the 2018 NSW Premier's Literary Award for Poetry. Her work has been published in a range of journals and anthologies, including ‘Best Australian Poems’ and ‘The Kenyon Review’, and was displayed in the inaugural Triennial of the NGV. Her most recent book is ‘Lost Lake’ (Vagabond Press, 2018).
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|