You will learn:
- Techniques for writing personal essays, op-eds and other forms of nonfiction
- How to build confidence in your own voice and opinions
- The ethics of writing about people in your life
- How to pitch ideas for personal essays and op-eds to editors and particular publications
- How to build a profile as a freelance nonfiction writer.
About Roz Bellamy
Roz Bellamy is a freelance writer and the deputy online editor at Archer Magazine. Roz is a contributor to ‘Living and Loving in Diversity’ (Wakefield Press) and “Going Postal: More Than ‘Yes’ or ‘No’” (Brow Books) and 'Growing Up Queer in Australia' (Black Inc.). Roz has written for The Big Issue, Daily Life, Huffington Post, Junkee, Kill Your Darlings, Meanjin, SBS, the Guardian and Ten Daily. Roz’s writing was shortlisted for the Scribe Nonfiction Prize in 2014 and won the Stonnington Prize for Poetry in 2016.
176 Little Lonsdale St
Melbourne, VIC 3000-3000
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|