Write-ability Goes Regional and Online is a three-year program for aspiring writers with disability living in regional Victoria. The project has been assisted by the Australian government through the Department of Communication and the Arts’ Catalyst—Australian Arts and Culture Fund.
Writers Victoria is looking for a Local Mentor to facilitate and administer a Shepparton-based writing group in the Goulburn NDIS region on a work-from-home basis (contract position).
Hours: Contract: 50 hours (2 full days in March plus approximately four hours per month from April to November)
Fee: $3,000 + GST if applicable (includes travel costs to and from activities)
Location: This position will be undertaken on a work-from-home basis and through a number of events within Shepparton venues
Reports to: WGRO Project Coordinator
Program and Services
- Attend day of training on Tuesday 12 March 2019.
- Attend Own Voices forum in Shepparton on Wednesday 13 March 2019.
- Facilitate the local Write-ability Goes Regional Writers Group sessions in Shepparton - one session per month for eight months. Dates are: Wednesdays 17 April, 15 May, 19 June, 17 July, 21 August, 18 September, 16 October and 20 November 2019 from 11am-1pm (2-hour session and 2 hours prep/admin per month).
- Provide information, advice and mentoring/guidance to Write-ability participants through writing group sessions.
- Liaise with Write-ability tutors, workshop leaders, mentors and venue partners.
- WGRO Writers Group administration.
- Provide administrative support to writing group sessions (including set-up of AV and webinars).
- Provide monthly wrap-up of project outcomes to date for Project Coordinator.
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy filing systems.
- Additional duties as required.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision (preferably in a remote office environment).
- Strong communication and public presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience liaising with people at all levels (from writers, artists and industry professionals to members, participants and volunteers).
- Good computing skills.
- Experience in a similar role and familiarity with the Victorian and Australian literature sector.
- Knowledge of and connections to writing and disability communities in the Goulburn region.
Write-ability is a disability-led literary project. Writers Victoria will prioritise applications from people with disability living in Goulburn for this role.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter (no more than two A4 pages) outlining how you meet the selection criteria along with a copy of your CV by:
- Email (preferred): email@example.com
- Mail: Writers Victoria, Level 3, The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Applications must be received by Writers Victoria by 9am on Wednesday 30 January 2019.
Applications received after that time or that do not meet the Selection Criteria will not be considered. Visit Regional Arts Victoria's website for tips on how to apply for a job in the arts.
Application due date: 9am, Wednesday 30 January 2019
Interviews: Week of 11 February (via Skype)
Start date: 12 March 2019
This project has been assisted by the Australian government through the Department of Communication and the Arts’ Catalyst—Australian Arts and Culture Fund.